"My greatest sin is not what I've done, but rather what I've failed to do"

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Silver or gold

Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. Acts 3:6-7

Peter may not have had much wealth, but his response to the crippled beggar had nothing to do with the amount of Peter’s money, but rather a more valuable gift that Peter was able to give. Lord have mercy on me. I truly love God and trust Him with my soul, but I have never put everything on the line as Peter just did. Sure I will say a prayer. I’ll ask God to help, but rise up and walk? What if the man couldn’t get up and walk, what then? Peter was full of the Holy Spirit. He had walked with Jesus. He had seen His miracles. As a church, do we feel better about our silver and gold? Is it a safer bet to say, I will do what I can, instead of trusting in God to come through. No wonder the church appears to be for the weak. Why do we keep living our lives with our faith in our gold? What will it take for us to realize the incredible resource we have in our Father? This is not a God problem, it is a church problem.

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12

Lord, cure my unbelief. Take away the crutches that keep me from leaning on You, and help me to represent You, to this hurting and dieing world. Amen

1 comment:

derryprenkert said...

I stand corrected...
Thank you for reading my blog AND having a life!!!