"My greatest sin is not what I've done, but rather what I've failed to do"

Friday, April 20, 2007

A bike called grace

Paul from church was working in his back yard and struck oil. He became instantly wealthy and because he thinks I am a nice guy he wanted to buy me a brand new Royal Star Tour Deluxe (motorcycle). It was top of the line with all the extras. He wrote out a check for over twenty five thousand dollars and while we were checking out the clerk forgot to add a small fee of $5.30. Paul pulled out a five-dollar bill and was fishing for some change. I said let me get it, and toss down the thirty cents. A few days later I was showing off my new bike and mentioned that Paul and I had both chipped in to pay for it. Although technically I did help, logistically I had nothing to do with covering the cost. Don’t let us get confused about our good works in comparison to Gods grace. Gods grace has paid the bill for us, our works will never compare.

The part about Paul striking it rich and buying me a new motorcycle is fictional…..for now :)

2 comments:

Paul Neel said...

OK I'm getting my shovel out when I get home in the morning!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.