"My greatest sin is not what I've done, but rather what I've failed to do"

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I'm Angry

I get angry when the double standards in our society are so obvious and blatant. Don Imus made a stupid statement on the air and was fired from both MSNBC and CBS radio for it. NBC News president, Steve Capus said "there shouldn't be any room for this kind of conversation or dialog on our air" and "it was the only decision we could reach". Hear me when I say that I am no Imus fan. I don't listen to him on the radio nor do I watch his TV show. I do know however, that these kind of degrading and stereotypical remarks are commonly heard by those who choose to listen to his programs. I am not necessarily angry that Imus was fired. I don't really care. But what gets me worked up is when Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton condemn this man, the left wing media machine moves in support for this mans crucifixion. While at the same time, Miss O'Donnell spews out any and all anti-Christian hate speech that pops into her head and it's considered "just a ploy for ratings". Sure there are those few voices crying injustice, but it is very clear that "the powers to be" will never come to the defence of Christian views, beliefs or values, but rather will be standing with our adversaries on nearly every occation. Please pray for America.

No comments: